James Jackson, the father, producer, vocal coach, actor and minister, began singing and directing choirs at the early age of nine years old. Jackson is also part of the Gospel Music Workshop of America members since 1979. While attending Sacramento University from 1989 -1993, and again from 1997-1999, James studied Music, Business and Choral. Jackson has tapped into his many musical talents, including: choir master vocal trainer, organist, keyboardist, drummer, music producer and song writer extraordinaire. Jackson has served several churches throughout the country, helping build their music ministries. James Jackson had the great opportunity to be coached by the “King of Gospel”, James Cleveland. Growing up around a family full of singers and preachers, Jackson has always been dedicated to God and to the church.
Jackson believes that thinking outside the box is what sets iSound apart from other labels. He says to artists, “There are no guarantees in this music industry. If you think you’re going to sit back, relax and wait for things to happen, you will fail, so just stand up and be a witness for the Lord.”
Today Jackson is the founder and president of ISound LLC, “The Voices of Sacramento” recording choir, and the Atlanta-based group, “Atlanta Praise”. For more information regarding booking an artist, or other social media including YouTube and Facebook, call (404) 914-5575.
Credits & Accomplishments
• Owner of the Gospel Connection Music Store & Recording Studio, Sacramento, CA (2000-2002)
• Raise The Roof Gospel Radio Show, 1240 KRJY, Sacramento, CA (2010-2012)
• James Jackson Voices of Sacramento National Project entitled, “Raise The Roof’ (1999)
• James Jackson & Atlanta Praise (2006)
• Dr. Allean Varnado, Entitled Hymns (2007)
• Producer with Rap Artist Daz Dillinger for the single, “I Thank You Jesus” (2008)
• Raise The Roof Music Conference TV Show (2011)
• The Calvary Christian Center Mass ChOir, Sacramento, CA (2012)
• iSound Music Compilation Album (2012)
For more information regarding booking an artist, or other social media including YouTube and Facebook, call (404) 914-5575.